Committees and Commissions
About Advisory Committees and Commissions
The Village of University Park has established various committees and commissions in order to assist and advise the Board of Trustees on various aspects of the community.
The main functions of these groups are:
- Gathering and analyzing information
- Formulating plans aimed at fulfillment of Village government
- Considering resident's suggestions and complaints
- Maintaining a liaison with the staff, government body, and residents
- Facilitating public information
Village Committees and Commissions
- Board of Trustees
- Board of Police and Fire Commissioners
- Code Enforcement Commission
- Economic Development Commission
- Education Advisory Committee
- Finance Committee
- Plan Commission
- Public Safety Committee
- Public Services and Utilities Committee
- Senior Citizen Committee
- Veterans Affairs Committee
- Mayor's Office of Special Events
- Information & Technology & Cable Commission
Board of Trustees
The Board of Trustees meets on the 2nd and 4th Tuesdays of each month at 7:00 pm at
Police and Fire Commissioners
This board of commissioners conducts and establishes the qualifications for Police and Fire candidates for the Village of University Park. They test and review applications and review any disciplinary actions that must be taken for those two departments. This commission meets on the first Thursday of each month at 7:30 pm located at Village Hall.
Code Enforcement Commission - TBD
Economic Development Commission - TBD
Education Advisory Committee
This committee shall review and study all matters concerning education affecting the residents of the Village of University Park. This committee is also the source for the scholarships to Village High School graduates who plan on going on to further their educational needs.
This committee is responsible for the following:
- Assisting the Village Manager in developing various financial reports such as budgets, cash flows, and system evaluations
- Making recommendations to the Village Manager or to the Board of Trustees concerning long-range financial plans
- Reviewing and recommending fiscal legislation regarding budgets, tax levies, audits, etc.
This committee meets on the 3rd Wednesday of each month at 7:00 pm located at 90 Town Center.
This commission meets on the second Wednesday of each month at 7:30 pm at 90 Town Center.
Public Safety Committee
This committee shall be responsible for the following:
- Monitoring a system review and answering citizen complaints
- Developing a plan to attract volunteers to the Police and Fire Departments
- Developing public education programs
- Recommending community development programs
- Monitoring social service delivery in the community
- Developing a five-year plan for Village street repairs and lighting
- Recommending projects eligible for Motor Fuel Tax Funds
- Developing a five-year plan for the maintenance of sidewalks, parks, public buildings, street cleaning, storm sewers, bike paths, tree trimming, etc.
- Working with utility companies to provide the best services possible to Village residents
This committee meets on the 3rd Monday of each month at 7:00 pm located at Village Hall.
Senior Citizen Committee
This committee is responsible for advising the Board of Trustees on issues including, but not limited to, senior citizen problems, providing information on services for senior citizens, etc.
This committee meets on the 2nd Wednesday of each month at 2:00 pm at The University Park Public Library.