About Pine Lake
The 10 acres setting of Pine Lake encompasses two beautiful bodies of water with spectacular views. We are stocked with channel catfish and largemouth bass every season (fishing permits are required). Pine Lake is open from the first weekend in May through the last weekend in October (31st). It's perfect for your special outing Rental (Reunion and Wedding)
“In 2021, the Village of University Park and the Illinois DNR Fisheries Division entered into an agreement to cooperatively manage the Pine Lake sport fishery. As part of this management agreement, Pine Lake received 300 Channel Catfish (8 – 10 inches in length) from the IDNR Fisheries Division state hatchery system in July 2022, and is scheduled to receive these Channel Catfish every other year (“even” years). Fisheries management is a multi-faceted activity and while stocking is an important management tool, fisheries assessments help guide many management activities such as stocking and regulation proposals. Boat electrofishing surveys are commonly used to collect valuable biological data, such as fish length and weight, and these data are then used to understand fish size structure and growth. An electrofishing survey was conducted by the IDNR District Fisheries Biologist in September 2021 and a total of 43 Largemouth Bass, 150 Bluegill, 1 Green Sunfish, and 1 Redear Sunfish were collected during the 30-minute survey. Average Largemouth Bass Length was ~10 inches, though a few fish over 15 inches were also collected. Statewide fishing regulations are currently in effect at Pine Lake (they can be found in the IDNR Division of Fisheries Regulation booklet), but Site-Specific Regulations have been proposed for the 2023 fishing season which would limit Channel Catfish harvest to 6 fish per day and restrict Largemouth Bass harvest to fish over 15-inches. Appropriate fish harvest is a very important fisheries management tool and can be used to either protect fish from over-harvest or “thin out” a population to encourage better growth.”
Pine Lake Permit Fees
Open Area Spaces
Groups of 15 or more
| Shelters Rentals
|$125.00 per shelter
|$150.00 per shelter
CALL (708) 534-6451
*Groups of 15 or more must pay all the above permit fees that include the following: Group fee and the Shelter rental fees, which reflect the rental for (l) one shelter. Participants may rent East or West or, both, if available, for an additional cost. Each Shelter holds approximately 60 people. Larger groups may bring their additional tables/chairs. A deposit fee payment will secure the rental date.
DEPOSIT AND CANCELLATION POLICIES
- NO REFUNDS - Refunds are not given by this department. We allow 72 hours to Reschedule events if there are rescheduled dates available.
- All security deposits are Non-refundable in case of improper cancellations. The facility is returned to its original condition.
- Additional fees will be assessed if damage exceeds the deposit amount.
- Failure to follow the rules and regulations of this agreement will result in the forfeiture of the deposit.
RULES AND REGULATIONS
- Alcoholic beverages are prohibited on our grounds. For any other rentals of tents or inflatable Jumping Equipment, a copy of the insurance license policy must be given to us from your Rental Company (2) two weeks prior to events. The inspection of tents must be conducted by the University Park Fire Department at (708) 534-0914.
- Pets are NOT allowed on the grounds.
- Swimming and wading are prohibited.
- Garbage receptacles must be used. If trash is left on the ground, or in the washrooms, your deposit will be forfeited.
- Charcoal grills are allowed in the picnic areas only. Ground fires are NOT allowed.
- Motor vehicles are prohibited from parking beyond the parking spaces provided.
- Animal and plant life must remain undisturbed.
- Remove any signs posted in or around the lake, especially those denoting directions to the lake.
- Music must be kept at a reasonable noise level. We will determine what is reasonable.
- The Village of University Park Police Department will be doing security checks periodically. If you are experiencing any problems, let them know.
- NO glass containers are allowed.
- Please keep a copy of your signed permit and receipts to show proof of a valid rental.
CREDIT CARDS OR CASH PAYMENT WILL BE REQUIRED IF LESS THAN TEN (10) DAYS PRIOR TO RENTAL
Mail or make payments payable to Village of University Park, 698 Burnham Drive, University Park Illinois 60484.
For further information, please call (708) 534-6451